Culture & Yoga in Marrakech
Why this Retreat?
This October, join Natasha for an incredible North African adventure in Marrakech. This retreat is a perfect reason to check in with yourself and explore the world. Marrakech is a mystical city unlike any other place in the world. History and culture abound making this destination, an ideal setting for a group retreat. Everything is organized; all you need to do is book your flight, pack your bag and arrive with an adventurous spirit and room in your suitcase for lots of goodies to bring home.
Our accommodations are at Peacock Pavilions, featured in National Geographic, and nestled in the outskirts of Marrakech on miles of olive groves and enveloped with sweeping views. Relax in one of the swimming pools, snuggle up by the fire, or simply enjoy the stunning design aesthetic or breathtaking landscape vistas.
Return home empowered, re-centred, reconnected and utterly relaxed —ready to take on the holidays and energized for the winter months to come. Think of this retreat as preventative measures for the body, mind and soul.
Outline of the Week
To invigorate you upon rising, your daily morning yoga practice will be a 75 minute vinyasa class. Vinyasa yoga is a subtle, beautiful, introspective practice, and exercise can be a side benefit as we move to sequences that will naturally create agni (heat) in the body and build strength. A wonderful farm to table breakfast follows each class and each day holds a different activity. Below is the retreat itinerary.
Day 1 (Saturday): Welcome circle, cocktails, canapes and dinner at Peacock Pavilions.
Day 2 (Sunday): Yoga, guided tour, lunch and shopping in Medina, dinner back at Peacock Pavilions, outdoor cinema.
Day 3 (Monday): Yoga, tour and lunch at Kasbah Tamadot (Atlas Mountains), light dinner at Peacock Pavilions.
Day 4 (Tuesday): Yoga, tour of Majorelle garden, Berber Museum, YSL Museum, organic cooking class.
Day 5 (Wednesday): Yoga, day trip to Ourika Valley and lunch in Paradis du Safran, light dinner at Peacock Pavilions, evening outing to Comptoir Dama to watch belly dancing.
Day 6 (Thursday): Yoga, free time, lunch at PP, visit to Bain de Marrakech and massage, henna party with cocktails and canapes then a farewell dinner at Peacock Pavilions.
Day 7 (Friday): Yoga, reflection and departures.
What exactly is included:
- 6 nights at Peacock Pavilions
- Welcome canopes and cocktails
- Daily breakfast
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Lunch and dinner on selected days
- Full use of estate and premises
- All ground transportation
- One blissful massage at Bain de Marrakech
- Guided tours & daily trips, exclusive of entrance fees
- Gratuities and taxes
- Transport to and from Marrakech (RAK) airport
Details to consider:
- Flight not included in listed pricing
- Prices are in USD Currency
- Transfers will be arranged to and from RAK on arrival and departure days only
- Some meals not included
- A few small entrance fees not included
- $800 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot. All prices are in USD and include tax
- Exact schedule is subject to change without notice because this is an adventure
- Payment in full due June 1st, 2020. Payment plans available
- Please consider travel insurance
- For all booking please contact Howard Ekstein at MPH Travel, 164 Eglinton Ave E Suite 105 Toronto ON (TICO 2485880) Toll Free 1-800-260-1479
Modern ethnic glamour is the theme at Peacock Pavilions, reflecting tribal chic furnishings and art from dozens of countries. Adding to the peace and quiet of the olive grove the canopy of stars overhead at night, this is truly an awe inspiring location.
There are two guest pavilions and 2 guest bungalows for a total of 7 beautifully appointed double occupancy bedrooms. Each pavilion has its own airy, domed salon that acts as a central meeting space for relaxing, meeting or eating. Each bedroom has 1 queen or 2 single beds and has it’s own private ensuite bath.
Early bird price per person (reserved by May 1); including the guided tours listed above, all transport, welcome cocktails on day of arrival, a massage at Bain de Marrakech, selected meals, gratuities and taxes is $2800 USD (double occupancy) or $4000 (single occupancy). After May 1 price per person $3100/$4200.